Cryptocurrency has firmly entered our lives. Recently, electronic money has made a splash, setting unthinkable records of profitability. Mining was at the peak of popularity. Now the situation has changed. Mining ceased to justify the invested funds. The users try not to take risks and invest in passive income.
- What is staking
- Types of staking
- Risks of staking
- The advantages of staking cryptocurrency
- Mining vs. Staking
- The future of staking
- How to choose the best cryptocurrency for staking
- What coins are best to stake
- 1. Ethereum (ETH)
- 2. Cardano (ADA)
- 3. Tezos (XTZ)
- 4. Polygon (MATIC)
- 5. Theta (THETA)
- 6. Algorand (ALGO)
- 7. Cosmos (ATOM)
- 8. Polkadot (DOT)
- 9. ICON (ICX)
- 10. Tether (USDT)
- 11. Solana (SOL)
- 12. Avalanche (AVAX)
- 13. Terra (LUNA)
- 14. Binance (BNB)
- 15. Hydra (HYDRA)
- 16. BitDAO (BIT)
- 17. USD Coin (USDC)
- 18. PancakeSwap (CAKE)
- 19. Chronicle (XNL)
- 20. ApeSwap Finance (BANANA)
- 21. SushiSwap (SUSHI)
What is stakingThis term regarding cryptocurrency means receiving passive earnings. To do this, the Proof of Stake (PoS) algorithm is used. This is a way to protect the blockchain from interference and inaccuracy of information.
Here are the common cryptocurrencies on which staking works:
Steaking is like a bank deposit. The users receive rewards for storing cryptocurrency on wallets. Their size depends on the amount of electronic money and shelf life.
Types of stakingThe user can take advantage of three types of staking:
Risks of stakingCryptocurrency is subject to frequent fluctuations. This is the main reason for the risks. The lower the coin rate falls, the lower your interest on the deposit. For staking, you need to choose cryptocurrencies with minimal volatility.
Another reason is related to the likelihood of losing your account on a service or exchange. To avoid this, keep logins and passwords in a safe place. Do not send funds directly to validators even if they ask about it. This is a sure sign of fraud.
The advantages of staking cryptocurrencyStaking, of course, is not mining in terms of profitability, but it has many advantages:
- brings a stable income;
- almost doesn’t have to make expenses;
- no certain knowledge is required;
- risks are minimal;
- profitability is guaranteed;
- the entry threshold is low;
- you can choose from a large number of platforms;
- several types of token storage are available;
- easy to replenish your wallet;
- you can calculate income using a calculator;
- funds are securely stored in the wallet.
The main advantage of this way to earn cryptocurrency is that it is completely harmless to the environment.
Mining vs. StakingTo understand the differences between staking and mining, you should compare the algorithms on which the two types of cryptocurrency earnings are based. Mining works on the Proof of Work method, while the staking functionality is based on the Proof of Stake algorithm. Let's give characteristics of these methods separately.Proof of Work:
- you need to purchase expensive equipment;
- is dangerous to nature;
- to hack the network you need to have 51% of the assets, which is very expensive;
- you need to own high technologies;
- forks weaken networks.
- you need to buy and hold tokens in the blockchain;
- no need to spend money;
- owners of large assets get more opportunities to influence the results of voting on the development of the network;
- the user only needs to buy and transfer cryptocurrency;
- forks are not needed.
The future of stakingExperts predict the successful development of staking in the future. In their opinion, mining is available only to few people, so it is gradually losing popularity. All cryptocurrencies, except Bitcoin, are drawn to the Proof of Stake algorithm. These include Ethereum as well. In the crypto community, this type of earnings is called mining without problems.The users of the Proof of Stake algorithm do not need to constantly think about uninterrupted power supply. They don’t have to monitor the payment for electricity, the serviceability of cooling systems. At last the users do not have to purchase and maintain expensive equipment.Staking of electronic money is available to a large circle of users with different incomes. Asset owners get the opportunity to vote on the future promotion of projects.
Exchanges are still the main platforms for attracting customers. They have a powerful technical potential. Large sites have understood the prospects of staking, so they try to create favorable conditions for current and potential customers. For example, Binance refused a staking fee for his own clients. Accordingly, other sites had to reduce the size of the commission.
Staking prospects are visible from the average monthly PoS scores. The segment attracts more than $4.5 billion of investment. The yield on the exchanges is 7-10%. The outlook for the future is even brighter, despite economic instability.
How to choose the best cryptocurrency for stakingStorage of electronic money using the Proof of Stake algorithm is gaining popularity every year. This is facilitated by the fact that the largest binance exchange is actively operating in this segment. People began to show particular interest in investing in crypto after the stock market crisis that occurred in the context of the coronavirus pandemic. This process was completely painless for cryptocurrencies.To choose the right electronic coin, the user should:
- study the reputation and operating time;
- read the rules of staking;
- not to risk savings, believing in high percentages of unknown sites;
- not trust the assurances of platforms about the reliability of their services;
- follow user feedback.
The clients should use reliable analytical resources to find information about services that work on the basis of PoS.
What coins are best to stakeIn the context of the mining crisis, many cryptocurrency platforms are aimed at the development of staking. Here is a rating of the most popular electronic coins for investment.
1. Ethereum (ETH)The second world cryptocurrency has not yet switched to the PoS algorithm. Nevertheless, it occupies a leading position in the number of customers who have purchased tokens for staking. ETH 2.0 will freeze customer funds and rewards until updates are launched. The minimum number of tokens is 32 ETNs. Yield from 5 to 7% per annum.
2. Cardano (ADA)This platform is configured for PoS initially, so it has achieved high-speed passage of transactions. The platform allows you to make hundreds of transactions in seconds. Here you can earn on stakes right now. The ability to withdraw assets from staking is another advantage of Cardano. This is an ideal place for beginners. The official wallets of the service are Daedalus and Yoroi. The average rate on Cardano is 4.5% per annum.
3. Tezos (XTZ)This resource is considered democratic. In it, investors get the right to participate in the management of the service, the implementation of solutions for its improvement. Electronic coins are generated here by "baking". The status of a baker guarantees the user a high reward for storing tokens.
Tezos staking is available on many exchanges, as well as on the official page of the project. Yield 6% per annum. You can start with 8.000 XTZ. The first rewards can be paid after 35-40 days. After that, they are available every three days. Cryptocurrency is considered one of the most stable.
4. Polygon (MATIC)The service is a second-tier project created to scale Ethereum. Service transactions are protected from interference by network validators. The ability to confirm up to 65 thousand transactions per second makes the platform one of the most popular.To start staking on the platform, you need to connect the Poligon wallet to the Metamask wallet. Your earnings will depend on the number of coins purchased and the length of the period for which they are frozen. Your earnings can be calculated in the Poligon wallet. You can stake with only 1 MATIC. The yield can reach 14% per year.
5. Theta (THETA)This decentralized video platform is called an analogue of You Tube. You can stake on the official website of the project through your own wallet. Your income on this service depends on the volume of purchased cryptocurrency and the time of their freezing. To begin with, you need to have 1,000 coins in your asset.
6. Algorand (ALGO)Platform developers solve scaling problems with fast transactions. High speed and low commissions are distinctive features of the service. It runs on an advanced PPoS (Pure Proof of Stakes) algorithm. It differs from its predecessor in increased decentralization.
Requirements for validators in the service are minimal. To start staking, it is enough to purchase 1 ALGO. Funds can be stored on various exchanges and through an official wallet. For a year, you can get from 5 to 10% of passive income.
7. Cosmos (ATOM)The developers of the project have set a goal to combine all electronic money networks. To buy coins, you need to go to the official website of the platform. To start earning, you just need to purchase only 0.05 ATOM. The service has a high rate of 9.7% per annum.
8. Polkadot (DOT)This project competes with Ethereum in solving scaling problems. The number of coins for the beginning of staking at times varies between 30-80 coins. You can buy crypto using the Ledger wallet. This can also be done on the Coinbase exchange. The platform is considered one of the most promising. Polkadot provides a yield of up to 14%.
9. ICON (ICX)The platform works on a new modification of PoS. The developers called the algorithm dBFT (Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerance). The service is designed to facilitate the interaction of blockchains. In this cryptocurrency, you can buy any number of ICX coins.This is available on many exchanges and in the wallet of your own browser. Staking in ICON is a profitable investment with a yield of up to 16%.
10. Tether (USDT)Cryptocurrency lovers are concerned about the fate of their electronic money. To be sure of the safety of funds, you can use stablecoins. We recommend the Tether (USDT) service.
You will have no problem exchanging USDT for other coins. If you decide to invest in this crypto, we advise you to use flexible staking in the Bybit Earn center. This will give you the opportunity to earn 3.5% income per year without risk. Tether is ideal for beginners.Staking on cryptocurrencies is gaining momentum. Against the background of falling income from mining, this type of investment is chosen by most investors. The main advantage of storing electronic money, they call the ability to have passive income without large investments with minimal risk.
11. Solana (SOL)This service is designed to run dApps as well as smart contracts. The peculiarity of the platform is the speed of information processing equal to 191,000 actions per second. For 2020, the coin has grown in price 60 times. Now it ranks 17th in terms of capitalization.Staking is available in a native and external wallet, for example, Ledger Nano. To steak, you need to create a special account that is different from the wallet address. The reward for storage in the crypto is 10.63%. On exchanges, the percentage may be higher.
12. Avalanche (AVAX)The developers set a goal to create a platform for the free exchange of coins from different blockchains. When creating the service in 2020, its own AVAX coin was launched. It is used in all calculations. Since the birth of the crypt has grown in price 8 times to 40.90 dollars.
The entry threshold of this currency is high: 2,000 AVAX for validators and 25 AVAX for delegates. You can stake through the native Avalanche Wallet. The yield of validators is 5.38%, for delegators 5.1%. On the exchanges, the percentages are higher.
13. Terra (LUNA)There are two coins in the ecosystem:
- The Terra stablecoin, tied to fiat money.
- Luna to stabilize the Course of Terra.
Luna works in staking. The coin brings 10.65% per annum. Luna can be stored on multiple platforms: Binance; BKEX; Bithumb; HUOBI GLOBAL. There is no minimum initial threshold.
14. Binance (BNB)This coin is native to three well-known platforms:
- Binance Exchanges.
- Binance Chain (BC).
- Binance Smart Chain (BSC).
There are no minimum size requirements for starting crypto. The average annual income ranges from 6 to 9%. But it sometimes rises to 30% per annum. Profitability depends on the transaction fee.It is more profitable to store the coin on the platform itself. It offers more convenience for placing BNB, in comparison with other coins.
15. Hydra (HYDRA)In this cryptocurrency, a mechanism works to protect customers from falling prices. In addition, the platform entitles the user to become a node in its ecosystem.To start in the staking system, you need to purchase 10 coins. The previous rates of the platform brought users 60% per annum. This is one of the best indicators among all cryptocurrencies. There is no guarantee that the yield will remain at this level. It can drop to 20%. But even this indicator far exceeds the level of profitability of many platforms.
16. BitDAO (BIT)The support of Peter Thiel and Pantera Capital makes the coin one of the most promising for trading on the stock exchange. BitDAO is one of the largest decentralized organizations (DAOs). Token holders can participate in shaping the future of the platform by voting.To store electronic money in this cryptocurrency, you need to:
- register on the Bybit Launchpool website;
- pass KYC level 1 verification;
- transfer BIT to your Bybit Earn account;
- start the staking process.
Please note: the prize fund here is 1,500,000 coins. Add to this 14.77% per annum. You can make good money with such service potential.
17. USD Coin (USDC)This stablecoin is reliably protected by fiat money. The advantages of this electronic coin are a monthly audit, publication of reports in the media. Such openness increases users’ confidence in cryptocurrency. To stake on USDC, the participants should use Bybit Earn. You can expect a yield of 8.88% per annum.The attachment of electronic money to the dollar gives you confidence in its stability. The flexible system allows you to pick up coins at any time.
18. PancakeSwap (CAKE)Binance Smart Chain Cake is considered today the best cryptocurrency for staking. Rewards are also available in other electronic coins. To place a coin, you need to connect your wallet to PancakeSwap.The platform works with several wallets:
- Binance Chain Wallet.
- Metal Mask.
- Token Pocket.
- Trust Wallet.
19. Chronicle (XNL)The coin works in the NFT and crypto markets. The Chronicle platform gives its customers the opportunity to participate in the management of the service through voting and provides a high level of rewards for staking. What other platform can give 67% per annum?It is clear that such a high rate will not be maintained all the time. But it is obvious that this indicator will not fall much.Two types of capitalization are available to the user:
- 50 coins.
- 100 000 coins.
20. ApeSwap Finance (BANANA)The crypt's meme status has made it extremely popular in PoS. Banana can be placed in pools, on a par with other coins. Here are examples of pools:
Rewards are accrued after a certain period of time. With the purchase of crypto, you need to hurry up, while it is at the level of 75% per annum.
21. SushiSwap (SUSHI)This coin is available for staking on several well-known exchanges: